Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Ephemeral Exhibits - Starkey


Ephemeral Exhibits by Starkey (2008)

I've been getting into dubstep a decent amount lately. I like the wobble.

"Gutter Music" definitely starts things off strong.
"Pictures" is a little repetitive for me.
"Miracles" is a little less intense with more atmospherics & a haunting vocal sample.
"Marsh" is also a lot more on the chill side & switches up drastically about 2 minutes in. In fact, it's almost as if it's two separate tracks because there is a noticable pause between the two parts of the track.

I think my main problem with the harder tracks like "Pictures" & "Escape" is that they run too long, as if intended to be used in a mix.  However, if that's the case, those longer versions should have been released separately as extended mixes & the versions on the album should have been shortened to flow more continually with the vibe of the rest of the album.



No comments:

Post a Comment