Saturday, December 25, 2010

In The Christmas Groove - Various Artists


In The Christmas Groove (2009)


This album came out last year but I didn't hear about it til this year.  My dad had a very soft spot for quirky songs, but especially holiday songs.  He would put together mixes (on cassette, yes cassette!) for the annual Christmas party at his friends Ted & Peggy Claire's house.  I figured my brother and I could use a break from some of those more overplayed & emotionally-scarring songs. (really: Yogi Yorgesson's "I Yust Go Nuts Ay Christmas"? No thanks!)
Big ups to the fine folks at Strut for saving Christmas with some funk!!

Favorite: Funk Machine - "Soul Santa"; J.D. McDonald - "Boogaloo Santa"; The Black On White Affair - "Auld Lang Syne" - so, so funky!

No comments:

Post a Comment