Friday, December 10, 2010

Go Go Power - Sugar Pie DeSanto


Go Go Power: The Complete Chess Singles 1961-1966 by Sugar Pie DeSanto (2009)


Today is the 5 year anniversary of my father passing away. (and I'm in NYC to see my friend Christina's play, "Bandage", at FightFest at the Brick Theater. No moping here!) In his honor, I wanted to share an album by an amazing, joyous, soulful lady from the bay area: something he surely would have enjoyed.

Favorites: "In The Basement" (ft. Etta James) - Until I heard this album, I had never realized she sang this - one of my favorite soul songs!
"Use What You Got" "Can't Let You Go" "Soulful Dress"


check her out! She may be an old lady but she is GETTIN' IT!


and a bonus video, because she's that amazing. A tiny lady with a HUGE voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment