Saturday, December 5, 2009

Rainydayz remixes - AmpLive (of Zion-I)




Rainydayz remixes - AmpLive (of Zion-I) (2007)

after seeing AmpLive open for Blockhead and Signify a couple weeks back, I wanted to revist his remix project for Radiohead's "In Rainbows" album. His performance was unlike any other live production show I've seen. Rather than having his equipment flat on a table, he mounted his gear on a diagonal stand (like a music stand the length of a piano keyboard) so that the interfaces were angled toward the audience. He then leaned over toward the crowd to trigger his samples, etc. In this way, it was much more interactive and entertaining than watching the top of someone's head as they tap out drum patterns on an MPC for half an hour.

The album is a bit heavy on the stuttered kick drum thing for me but overall it's pretty solid. And it's interesting to hear rappers like Del & Too $hort backed by Radiohead.

Favorite: "All I Need", "Reckonerz" ft. Charli 2na

No comments:

Post a Comment