Saturday, January 2, 2010

1958-1959 - Ike Turner




A new year - more good music for everyone.  I lost my momentum there for the past few weeks.  But I went up to visit my brother for Christmas and came home with a big box of our dad's old CDs.  So the next several reviews will all be pulled from there.  Pretty much all jazz and old rhythm & blues style rock. And to simplify things for myself, I won't be posting streaming versions of the songs. I prefer them, but the hosting service I have been using only allows so many at a time and it was becoming tedious to delete older ones to make room for new reviews.




1958-1959 by Ike Turner (1993)

Being a rock & roll guitar pioneer is not what Ike Turner is most well known for.  But this CD shows just some of the greatness he could do.

Favorite: "Matchbox (Version A)"

No comments:

Post a Comment