Thursday, November 26, 2009

Black Diamond - Buraka Som Sistema




Black Diamond by Buraka Som Sistema (2008)

This group is from Angola so they speak Portugese. The girl's voice kinda gets on my nerves after a while, kind of the way that the girl from Bonde do Role's voice gets on my nerves. They both kill it, but it's just too high pitched to listen to a whole album worth of songs from them one after another. Fortunately the girl from Buraka doesn't rap on every song.

I do like that this album is sequenced to run like a mixtape with the songs blending seemlessly from one to the next.

Fans of M.I.A. and Bonde Do Role will like them. They have the same high energy to the beats and lyrics.

Favorite: "Kalemba (Wegue Wegue)" ft. Pongo Love "IC19" "Sound of Kuduro" (ft M.I.A., DJ Znobia, Saborosa, Puto Prata)

No comments:

Post a Comment